MORE POWER TO YA!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Power metal and other music forms are discussed here!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dragonforce part ways with singer

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
The Grimm 1

The Grimm 1

Dragonforce part ways with singer Empty
PostSubject: Dragonforce part ways with singer   Dragonforce part ways with singer EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 1:16 am

The U.S. branch of Roadrunner Records released a story at approximately 6:03 p.m. EST today (Monday, March via its official web site (and distributed through the site's official RSS feed) containing the following text (Note: The story has since been removed from the site):

"DRAGONFORCE have split with lead singer ZP Theart. The band issued the following statement regarding the matter:

"'It is with great regret that DRAGONFORCE announce a parting of the ways with singer ZP Theart. This is due to insurmountable differences of musical opinion but the rest of the band sincerely wishes ZP great success with his future projects.

"'While the creative core members have begun writing the fifth album, they have also started a worldwide search for a new vocalist.'

"'We are looking for a powerful, melodic singer to write a new chapter of DRAGONFORCE with us,' said guitarist Herman Li.
Back to top Go down
PS777
Up The Irons!!!! Hail True Metal
PS777

PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce part ways with singer   Dragonforce part ways with singer EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 8:35 am

Good luck to DF and ZP!
Back to top Go down
https://flowermetalnation.forumotion.com
Eilene1015
Jammin' Jem

PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce part ways with singer   Dragonforce part ways with singer EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 8:42 am

Wonder if they will survive without their singer.
Back to top Go down
PS777
PS777

PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce part ways with singer   Dragonforce part ways with singer EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 8:51 am

Eilene1015 wrote:
Wonder if they will survive without their singer.
I hope so. He was awesome!
Back to top Go down
The Grimm 1

The Grimm 1

PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce part ways with singer   Dragonforce part ways with singer EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 10:56 am

I hope that ZP does move onto something else if this is not some drama in Dragonforce that is playing out on the internet. He is an excellent vocalist. I think Dragonforce can survive without him but they certainly need the right fit
Back to top Go down
metalken

PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce part ways with singer   Dragonforce part ways with singer EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 11:49 pm

I will be honest, I never have even given this band a chance. I may have been taken in by a lot of the nay sayers on the internet that influenced my thoughts on them. I cannot say I dislike them because I have not even given a listen.
Many bands have done the singer change and prospered from it.
Back to top Go down
PS777
PS777

PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce part ways with singer   Dragonforce part ways with singer EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 8:38 am

metalken wrote:
I will be honest, I never have even given this band a chance. I may have been taken in by a lot of the nay sayers on the internet that influenced my thoughts on them. I cannot say I dislike them because I have not even given a listen.
Many bands have done the singer change and prospered from it.
Go to their website or youtube and sample some tunes. You may be surprised at what you hear.
Back to top Go down
PS777
PS777

PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce part ways with singer   Dragonforce part ways with singer EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 8:38 am

The Grimm 1 wrote:
I hope that ZP does move onto something else if this is not some drama in Dragonforce that is playing out on the internet. He is an excellent vocalist. I think Dragonforce can survive without him but they certainly need the right fit
Agreed on all counts. I wonder who would fit in well with DF on vocals? ZP will not be easy to replace.
Back to top Go down
The Grimm 1

The Grimm 1

PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce part ways with singer   Dragonforce part ways with singer EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 7:43 pm

A couple former Firewind vocalsits come to mind, and I believe that they toured with Firewind a couple albums back before their current vocalist, they may have a connection
Back to top Go down
PS777
PS777

PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce part ways with singer   Dragonforce part ways with singer EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 8:10 am

The Grimm 1 wrote:
A couple former Firewind vocalsits come to mind, and I believe that they toured with Firewind a couple albums back before their current vocalist, they may have a connection
Maybe so. Stephen Frederick? Dragonforce part ways with singer 713691
Back to top Go down
The Grimm 1

The Grimm 1

PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce part ways with singer   Dragonforce part ways with singer EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 10:08 pm

I have heard some people suggest Ripper Owens, but i think most are joking but I think a few may be serious about it. The problem with Ripper is he is always in someone elses shadow, and has a bad reputation for it, he would bring more hate then good.
Back to top Go down
PS777
PS777

PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce part ways with singer   Dragonforce part ways with singer EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 7:05 am

The Grimm 1 wrote:
I have heard some people suggest Ripper Owens, but i think most are joking but I think a few may be serious about it. The problem with Ripper is he is always in someone elses shadow, and has a bad reputation for it, he would bring more hate then good.
Yeah, Ripper isn't the best choice for this band. Maybe the ex-Power Quest vocalist?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dragonforce part ways with singer   Dragonforce part ways with singer Empty

Back to top Go down

Dragonforce part ways with singer
Page 1 of 1